Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Lyrics R Us!

  1. #11
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well Iowa. welcome to Lyrics R US! And it looks like you got a bunch!

    Let's have a look at those answers:

    #1 Nobody Knows It by Captain And Tenille is incorrect.
    #2 My Cherie Amor by Stevie Wonder is correct (I'm sure you meant #1) >2 points
    #2 Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash is correct (I prefer Blondie's version though) >2 points
    #3 From The Muddy banks of the Wishka by Nirvana is 1/2 correct (right band; wrong song) >1 point
    #8 The Boxer by Simon And Garfunkle is correct (dylan did a great version too) >2 points
    #10 Just Like A Women by Rod Stewart is correct (I was looking for Dylan but Rod's cool) >2 points
    #16 The Lumberjack Song by Monty Python is 1/2 correct (right group; wrong song) >1 point
    #18 Stuck Inside A Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again by Bob Dylan is correct (oh mama can this really be the end?) >2 points

    Good showing! That gives you a total of 12 points and moves you into second place with Schemy still in first place with 15 correct answers!

    Here again then is the revised list folks!
    On with the show! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    01. Your the only one my heart beats for. How I wish that you were mine. >MY CHERIE AMOR by Stevie Wonder

    02. The taste of love is sweet when hearts like ours meet. >RING OF FIRE by Johnny Cash

    03. Forever in debt to your priceless advice. >_________by Nirvana

    04. If we get caught, we'll just deny it! >SECRETS by The Runaways

    05. My little pretty one, pretty one. >MY SHARONA by The Knack

    06. You're dirty sweet and you're my girl. >BANG A GONG by T-Rex

    07. A simple sound that shines, a word of power personified.

    08. Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. >THE BOXER by Simon & Garfunkle

    09. The king is gone but not forgotten..this is the song of Johnny Rotten. >Hey Hey My My (Rock And Roll Will Never Die) by Neil Young

    10. And she breaks just like a little girl. >JUST LIKE A WOMEN by Rod Stewart

    11. Some you win, some you lose, some you compromise.

    12. You may ask yourself...MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE? >ONCE IN A LIFETIME by Talking Heads

    13. I wanna go out with a lions roar!

    14. Life is love and love is never wrong.

    15. Holding hands and skipping stones. >CROCODILE ROCK by Elton John

    16. I have to push the pram a lot. >__________by Monty Python

    17. Oh no, I said too much, I haven't said enough. >LOSING MY RELIGION by R.E.M.

    18. Oh Mama, can this really be the end? >STUCK INSIDE A MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN by Bob Dylan

    19. We all got up to dance, but we never got the chance. >AMERICAN PIE by Don Mclean

    20. To sum it up I'd have to say, Cherie is beautiful in every way! >_______ by Gus Danger aka Mwah!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #12
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I have to push the pram a lot. Monty Python-the minstrel's song from the Holy Grail.

    I was close the first time. I knew it was Monty. He's nuts. He'd fit right in.

  3. #13
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    #3-Heart shaped box by Nirvana.

    I never get the title right to that song on the first try. It was popular, but ya don't hear it much anymore. Ok, did I take first place yet ? I'm still working on the others with a friend of mine that's an R n R encyclopedia. He knows a buncha oddball stuff.

  4. #14
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Oh, oh, oh, I got it. It's the Camelot song from the Holy Grail. Yea ! One more for the Farmboy. I'm comin' up on first place.

  5. #15
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    #13-Cyndi Lauper-She Bop

    Do I want to go out with a lion's roar?
    Yeah, I want to go south and get me some more.
    They say that a stitch in time saves nine.
    They say I better stop or I'll go blind

    Woof Woof ! Took me awhile to place that one. That's an oldie but a goodie.

  6. #16
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I have good news [img]biggrin.gif[/img] and bad news [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Iowa!
    First the good news:
    #3 Heart Shaped Box is the correct title of that Nirvana song!
    Now the bad news:
    #16 The Minstrel's Song is incorrect. You are right about it being from The Holy Grail film though! hint hint

    Yeah that Monty is a nut alright! LOL! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    You now have 13 points and are still in second place.
    SCHEMESofNEON is still in the lead with 15 points!

    Here's what's left folks! Anything look familiar?!?!
    Good luck!!!

    07. A simple sound that shines, a word of power personified.

    11. Some you win, some you lose, some you compromise.

    13. I wanna go out with a lions roar!

    14. Life is love and love is never wrong.

    16. I have to push the pram a lot. >__________by Monty Python

    20. To sum it up I'd have to say, Cherie is beautiful in every way! >__________ by Gus Danger aka Mwah!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #17
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    #20 There is something wonderful about Cherie

  8. #18
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    20. Cherie is beautiful in every way!?!

  9. #19
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I wanna take a shot at #20 from the words in the title.

    "The sum of all that's beautiful, I name thee, Cherie."

    Now if ya had rowdy in there, I'd hafta go with Joan Marie.

  10. #20
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'm soooooo sorry CCfan but,
    #20 There's Something Really Wonderful About Cherie is incorrect! Although that same sentiment is expressed, in the song in question, that's a totally different song!
    Here is a #20 hint for you. The words in the title are also words in the clue!
    Thanks for and keep on trying!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Yes Iowa, you have now moved into the lead position! With three more points, you now have 16 points to Schemy's 15 points. This is a neck and neck race, 4 sure!

    #13 She Bop by Cyndi Lauper is correct on both counts! [img]redface.gif[/img] (I hope HE will understand.)

    #16 The Camelot Song is close enough, IMO. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    It's actually called 'Knights Of The Round Table' and it's from the scene in the movie when King Arthur and his goofy Knights do routines and chorus scenes and sequine vests between their quests!
    We're Knights of the round table [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    our shows are formidable
    but many times we're given rhymes
    that are quite unsingable

    it's a busy life in camelot
    I have to push the pram alot! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    ________________
    OKIE DOKIE FOLKS, we are getting down to the wire ere. There is still time to weigh in here on 'Lyrics R Us' so don't wait, don't hesitate, jump right in with a great big grin!
    Won't You?

    07. A simple sound that shines, a word of power personified.

    11. Some you win, some you lose, some you compromise.

    14. Life is love and love is never wrong.

    20. To sum it up I'd have to say, Cherie is beautiful in every way! >__________ by Gus Danger aka Mwah!

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    GD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic